OverviewWhy Windows Phone?
BUILD IMMERSIVE APP EXPERIENCES
- Live Tiles and notifications provide extra content for your app experience.
- Leverage familiar development skills and help keep your costs low.
- Quick porting of games from other mobile platforms with C/C++ support.
- Sell your apps to the world in the Windows Phone Store — available in 191 markets.
- Utilize your Windows Phone code to build apps that target millions of Windows devices.
- Free trial capabilities that provide a flexible way to demo paid apps and increase purchases.
- Support for global currencies in some markets to help make app purchasing easier.
- Analytics to help you understand how your app is performing on devices.
The flexible and powerful Windows Runtime platform can do what you need it to—anything from building a universal Windows app to turning your website or mobile app into a Windows Phone reality.
FeaturesWindows Phone Store
More than 100,000 apps (and counting), each one certified by Microsoft to help protect against malware and viruses. Plus personalised app suggestions based on what you like. Games Hub
The Games Hub is your on-the-go arcade. It's also the place to dress up your avatar, message your Xbox friends and see how your scores and achievements measure up. Email + Messaging
You can opt to see multiple accounts in one Linked Inbox – along with separate views for flagged, urgent or unread mail.Messaging
Messaging Threads switch seamlessly between text and chat in the same conversation, and you can attach photos, voice notes, your location and more.Bing Search
Love sushi? Not so keen on curry houses? Your phone can learn your likes and dislikes to suggest places to eat, drink, shop or visit that are just right for you – along with local deals for things you'll enjoy.More from Bing
Bing Search now has films, top headlines, local deals and more (along with the search results you're looking for).
Bing Vision scans QR Codes and text to search the web or even translate it with one tap (so useful when travelling).
Customise your lock screen to show appointments, calls, texts, emails and even updates from your favourite apps. Then dress it up with your favourite photo.Keyboard
The Word Flow keyboard learns your writing style to predict the next word in your sentence so you can type at top speed.Wallet
Store reward cards, vouchers, credit cards, local deals and membership cards in one convenient place on your phone.Internet Explorer 10
Open multiple tabs, get search suggestions as you type and share a web link in just a couple of taps. And now SmartScreen Filter helps protect you from dodgy websites.Easy transfers
The new Windows Phone apps make connecting your Windows Phone to any PC, tablet or Mac (and transferring your stuff) quick and easy.Tap to share
With NFC sharing, you can tap your phone against another NFC-capable device (like a friend's phone) to share things like photos, webpages, songs and contacts.Find My Phone
With Find My Phone, a free service on windowsphone.com, you can pinpoint a missing phone on a map, ring it remotely, lock it or even erase it.For business
With a rich array of device configuration and management capabilities, it's easy to integrate Windows Phone into your Windows infrastructure.
- Development Fundamentals
- Windows Phone IDE
- App life Cycle
- Page States Management
- Application State management
- File API
- Handling Files
- Local database
- Live Tiles
- Tile notification
- Backgound Agents and Tasks
- Map Conrols
- Various Cartographics Modes
- Landmark and Pedestrian Features
- Directions and Geocoding
- Text to Speech
- Speech to Text
- Voice Commands
- Proximity Sensors
- UX Design
- Multimedia Editing in Blend
- In-App Purchase
- Wallet Handling
- Agents Handling